SPCA San Pat County Animal Shelter Building
- November 2010: Land is Purchased … On to the Building! We recently purchased the land where our animal shelter will be built. It is located on HWY 1069 just past Walmart and Lowes. It is on county land but close to city utilities. We are now working to raise enough money to build our new animal shelter.
- November 2011: The drive toward gathering funds for our new animal shelter is now underway. The building complete and the utilities complete will be approximately $250,000.00 total.
- February 2013: We have raised almost half of the money needed to build our new shelter. Our building fund is now at $122,881.00.
- February 2014: We have just received a $50,000.00 grant from the Ed Rachal Foundation to start our building. The grant is for clearing and cleaning our land and the groundwork of the building. Startup will be as soon as possible. This puts our total fund for the building at $200,654.20.
- June 2014: We have just received a donation for $100,000.00 from Arthur Benson. This will make it possible to build the building. We are drawing up plans at this time. Building fund is now $300,000.00+
- November 2014: The building has been ordered and will be in anytime. The plans are approved and staking out for the cement and plumbing stubs will start any day.
LAND AS IT IS NOW
Article Posted 06.16.2014
This is our land as it is now, nothing but weeds and scrub brush. Watch us grow! Clearing the land will start anytime. The land is located on FM1069 past Walmart and Lowes on the Walmart side by the Peerless Gas and the Cemetary in Aransas Pass.
Article Updated 06.15.2014
The following are the goals for for the
- Have water and services installed at the property
- Clearing land at the site
- Decide where to build on the property
- Begin plans for building
Building Program Needs
- People Willing to help build the structure